Searching a kayak trolling motors of 2021? You are at the right place, in this article 10 best trolling motors have been reviewed and detailed guides have been published on how to put a trolling motor on a kayak? Installation and performance of trolling motor. We want our kayak lovers to get all the information at one place without searching the whole internet for trolling motors guide. You will find all types of trolling motors in this article.
We have curated the list of 10 best kayak trolling motors to consider in 2021 and these are expert reviewed. Many factors have been considered while choosing these trolling motors like price, customer reviews, durability, functionality and personal opinions. Now without wasting much time let us dive into the article.
Kayak Trolling Motors of 2021 | Trolling Motor Reviews | Best Trolling Motor for Kayak
Watersnake – ASP 18 and 24 Pound Thrust 12V Saltwater Trolling Motor, Transom or Kayak Mount
- If you are regular in kayaking then you must have definitely heard about Watersnake Kayak trolling motor.
- This trolling motor has got 54-inch or 48inch stainless steel corrosion-resistant shaft.
- Equipped with a three-axle design that maximizes the range of movement so that the motor can be adjusted to the best position for powering up rivers, exploring lakes or crossing bays.
- All new versatile bow mount comes with a thick grip for the tiller handle and also includes a digital voltage meter display.
- A transom mount is included and this trolling motor has 24 lbs thrust.
- Best suited for kayaks, canoes, small dinghies, and inflatable boats.
- One more great feature of this kayak trolling motor is the weight, it is just 4.85 lbs (2.2kg) which makes it easy to carry.
Newport Vessels NV-Series 55lb Thrust Saltwater Transom Mounted Trolling Electric Trolling Motor w/ LED Battery Indicator & 30″ Shaft
- Highest rated trolling motor by customers among the kayak trolling motors of 2021.
- This motor features a efficient power of 55 lbs and 12v allows you to boat all day long, no problem of heating or making sound whatsoever.
- Equipped with 30 inch shaft, a 5 LED battery meter, a 6 inch telescoping tiller handle, and 3 blade propeller.
- To generate the best speed this kayak trolling motor has 8 speeds, 5 forward and 3 reverse.
- To withstand tough conditions the trolling motor is designed with high quality stainless steel, magnesium, and zinc hardware to withstand fresh water and salt water environments.
- Easy to set up, just read the manual inside the package.
- Product comes with a 2 year warranty.
MotorGuide Xi5 Wireless Trolling Motor – Freshwater – Sonar/GPS
- Delivers key performance attributes for anglers including extreme corrosion protection power.
- GPS positioning system helps you to locate where the fish are, catch the fishes without any trouble.
- It’s very silent even when you turn the motor.
- Comes with a wireless foot pedal, you can sit either at the back of the boat or at the front depending on your comfort.
- It has got 8 different settings.
- Easy to install, just read the instruction manual which comes with the package.
- A bit overpriced but it has some amazing features.
Cloud Mountain Electric Trolling Motor for Fishing Boats Saltwater Transom Mounted with Adjustable Handle
- Shaft length of this kayak trolling motor is 28 inches.
- Best suited for fishing boats, kayaks, inflatable boats, dinghies, tenders, etc.
- Designed to work for both freshwater and saltwater.
- To check the battery capacity you have 1-10 LED lighted power indicator.
- This device was introduced in the year 2021 and still awaiting customer responses.
- As reviewed by our team, this product does the job, we give it 4* rating among the best kayak trolling motors of 2021.
Haswing Black Mount Electric Trolling Motor
- To have exact control on fishing Five forward speed and three reverse speed are provided in this trolling machine.
- Best suited for different type small boats, like Kayaks, Dinghies, Tenders, Fishing boats, inflatable boats and almost all transom small boats.
- 5 levels of battery power reader and 0 to 110 degrees fold-able handle.
- Can be used in both in both fresh water and salt water, it is designed to have excellent corrosion resistance.
- Thrust Force: 55 LBS/25 kg and Battery required is of 12 V.
- One of the best trolling motor for kayaks to plan the fishing trip conveniently.
Minn Kota 1368867 Ultrex Trolling Motor 60″ Shaft with MEGA Imaging and i-Pilot Link GPS
- Built for comfort, precision control and instant responsiveness gives you the best kayaking experience.
- Travel in the direction you like with autopilot feature, automatic navigation is the best feature.
- Ultrex 80 lb. 60″ motor with Built-In MEGA Side and Down Imaging, i-Pilot Link Remote, Remote Charging Cable, USB DC Adapter, Lanyard, Heading Sensor are included in the package.
- Weight of the device is 12 pounds and is easy to carry.
- Price is bit high but it does the job perfectly.
KIMISS 12V Metal 18lbs Trolling Motor Mount Brushed Multi-Gear Electric Mount Trolling Motor
- Best suited for inflatable boats, iron boats, plastic boats, glass boats, wooden boats, etc.
- Two speed controls high and low, forward and reverse switch for superior performance.
- To chew the underwater turf, the propeller is of 3 blade and weed free design.
- Easy to install and maintain, read the manual and you are good to go.
- Specifications : Rated Speed: 2000 rpm, Rated Voltage: DC 12 volts, Maximum Speed: 2 km / h.
- Weight of the product is 7.59 pounds.
Things To Consider While Buying a Trolling Motor | Buying Guide for Trolling Motors
If you ever wanted to install a trolling motor on your boat but you are confused with the options available, in this guide we will check what should be considered while buying a trolling motor.
There are two basic choices of trolling motors, there are Transom Mounts and Bow Mount
- Transom Mounts : Transom mounts are generally designed for smaller boats like your john boats or your skiffs.
- Bow Mounts : Bow mounts traditionally go on bass boats, flat boats and bay boats.
The other consideration you need to think of is whether you need a 12 volt, 24 volt or a 36 volt trolling motor.
Smaller Boat : 12 Volts and 55 pound thrust trolling motor will be sufficient.
Bigger Boat : Your bigger boats like bass boats, or flat boats need 24 volt and 70 to 80 pound thrust trolling motor.
Heavier Boats : If you own a bay boat then you definitely need a 36 volt and 101 pound thrust trolling motor.
The other things you need to consider while buying best kayak trolling motors of 2021 are the styles. Following are the styles of trolling motors.
- Hand controlled trolling motor
- Foot controlled trolling motor
- Co-pilot control trolling motor
- Auto- pilot trolling motor
This should be everything you need to know about best kayak trolling motors of 2021. We have covered everything related to trolling motors to help you purchase the best one for your boat. If you have any questions related to kayak trolling motors of 2021, please use the comment box and we will be happy to help you.