Best Silica Gels For Drying Flowers – Ultimate Guide to Dry Flowers
You get to see a lot of flowers around your house, at a wedding or at a funeral. Have you ever thought of collecting and preserving them? Well, it will be a great idea to collect flowers and dry them. This hobby of flower drying is very satisfying as you need to wait till the flowers get dried completely and give a beautiful look.
In this article we tried to cover how to dry flowers using silica gel, we will explain step by step process on how to use silica gel for drying flowers without loosing their color and texture.
The reason for writing this article is because many people search about how to dry flowers with silica gel or they are very curious to know about silica gel method for drying flowers. Let us dive into the topics and see how you can do this.
Why Silica Gel is Used for Drying Flowers?
This is one a unique way of drying flowers as it preserves the color and texture, this method very useful for flowers which have big petals(Zininas, Roses, Rudbeckias). Silica gel takes out the moisture from the flowers and helps them dry. This process can take 3-4 days depending on the type of flowers you use.
Instructions for Drying Flowers With Silica Gel
Drying flowers with silica gel is very easy process, just follow the instructions given below properly.
- Take a plastic bowl or a cardboard one and fill it half with silica gel
- Now cut the stems of the flowers you want to dry (leave a small portion to insert the flower)
- Insert the flowers slowly in the silica gel
- Now slowly cover up the flowers with remaining Silica gel
- Check the result after 3-4 days
That was all about drying flowers with the help of silica gel, Let us move ahead and see the best silica gels to dry flowers.
Best Silica Gels For Drying Flowers | Buy Silica Gels Online
Dry & Dry Newly Developed Silica Gel Flower Drying – Ultra Premium Silica Gel for Drying Flowers
- Preserve elegant memories and capture beauty of drying flowers.
- 100% Non toxic pure white silica gel powder.
- One important feature of this product is there no dye or color used, so your flowers will retain their texture and color.
- For bets results use these flowers Anemones, Asters, Bachelor buttons, Carnations, Celosias, Chrysanthemums, Sea lavenders, Statice, Orchids.
wisedry Silica Gel Flower Drying Crystals
- These silica crystals are < 1mm and small beaded silica gels with dust treatment, to avoid physical impacts on petals, and help preserve the texture.
- Important feature here to note is these are filled with orange beads, when the orange changed to dark green, means the silica gels in saturation.
- You can reactivate the silica gels by microwave or oven, when dark green beads back to orange, they can be reused again.
- 100% Non toxic
ACTIVA Silica Gel for Flower Drying
- Fine consistency, this silica gel will absorb moisture without damaging flowers texture.
- Most safe and non-toxic, Silica Gel is reusable and doesn’t wear out, use it again and again.
- Step by step procedure on how to use silica gel included in the manual inside.
- Dry flowers and do you DIY projects with ease, flowers will be dried in 3-5 days.
TinyHippo Silica Gel Flower Drying Reusable Cystals with Color Indicating
- Very safe to use product as it is free from CoCl2 and free with dust treatment.
- This package contains orange humidity indicating crystals that will turn dark green when saturated.
- You will get a detailed manual on how to use the product.
- These are rechargeable reactivated from dark green to orange in a microwave/ oven for reuse.
Fonday Silica Gel Flower Drying Crystals, Fine Crystals
- Made of premium quality raw material with further dust treatment.
- You can check when the desiccant needs to be changed or recharged with 10% orange indicating silica gel.
- Perfect for beginners who are interested in flower drying DIF craft, s, very easy to use.
- The drying crystals can be reused again when dark green beeds back to orange
FAQ on Using Silica Gel for Drying Flowers
- How long does it take to dry flowers in silica gel?
If you are beginner then you will definitely get this question in your mind. To answer your question, this process takes 3-5 days to dry flowers and some flowers might take day or two longer. On an average flowers will be dried in 4-5 days if the procedure is followed correctly.
- How to preserve wedding bouquet with silica gel?
You might have seen many flower bouquets in a marriage and thought of preserving them? Yes, you can preserve them by collecting and cutting out their stems. Make sure you remove unnecessary leaves and cut out the stems before drying them.
- How to preserve dried flowers?
Preserving dried flowers can be done inside a glass or they can be made inserted in a glass frame and used as a decor. They form beautiful home decors for your living room, cafeteria or also can be gifted to your loved ones.
Precautions to be taken while using Silica gel
While using silica gel there might be small dust particles or other chemicals which may harm your health, it is always suggested that you wer gloves and a mask while working with silica gel.
From the list of best 5 silica gels discussed above the winner is Wise Dry,they have got all the features and highest user rating. We suggest Wise Dry Silica crystals for your next flower drying project.
We hope you have enjoyed reading article on drying flowers with silica gel and best silica gels to buy online. If you loved this article please share it with your friends who love this art of drying flowers.